LingvoSoft is the software division of ECTACO Inc. LingvoSoft is a registered trademark.
The ECTACO Corporation is a leading, world-known developer of electronic handheld dictionaries and software. Every company, employee, vendor, distributor, developer etc. is responsible for the proper use of the ECTACO trademarks and logos. The following outlines the ways for citing ECTACO Inc. in the United States and worldwide.
Listed below are the most recent ECTACO trademarks. The absence of a name or logo in these lists does not constitute a waiver of any and all intellectual property rights that the ECTACO Corporation has established in any of its product, feature, or service names or logos.
1. When mentioning the LingvoSoft logo, trademark or trade dress, always use it in the right context.
2. Spell the trademarks correctly.
- Do Not: Lingvosoft
- Do Not: lingvosoft
- Do: LingvoSoft
3. Never use the LingvoSoft trademark as possessive.
- Do Not: Describe LingvoSoft's dictionary features.
- Do: Describe the features of the LingvoSoft dictionary.
4. Never make the trademark plural.
- Do Not: Lingvosofts features have just been updated.
- Do: The features of LingvoSoft dictionaries have just been updated.
5. Never hyphenate the trademarks.
6. Do not shorten/abbreviate any ECTACO Trademarks
- Do Not: The FlashCards and the LS Dictionaries are very popular.
- Do: The LingvoSoft FlashCards and the LingvoSoft Dictionaries are very popular.
Third parties should never use "ECTACO" as part of their company, product or service name without approval from the ECTACO legal department. ECTACO will not promote companies that do so. In order to recognize that ECTACO claims certain rights in its trademarks, please use ® to indicate registered trademarks and ™ to indicate unregistered trademarks. These notice symbols should be superscripted after the mentioning of ECTACO products and word marks and should be subscripted after the use of the ECTACO logo. The trademark notice symbols should only be used as trademarks to identify a product offered for sale.
- For instance: "The ECTACO Universal Translator™ UT-103 features the unique speech recognition system."
ECTACO logos should be reproduced exactly as shown. The ECTACO corporate logo should be used only by ECTACO, Inc and its authorized developers, distributors, vendors etc. ECTACO logos should never be inserted into texts or headlines